podrieger wrote:
What is the best way to charge an Optima battery? The usual 12/2 amp lead acid charger, a battery tender at 750 miliamps, a Schulze 6-
330d, or some specific charger? Thanks for the replies.

I use a 70/12/2 Amp automatic charger with deep-cycle mode. I try not to let the battery go below 12 Volts before charging, so I only get about 50% capacity, but batteries last longer. My Optima Yellow Top then sucks back about 9 Amps, and is ready to go again in a few hours.

I use a small charger (1.5 Amp to 14.4 Volts) that floats at 13.2 Volts
to maintain the charge over longer periods (like winter).

You _MUST_ have a charger that never exceeds the max voltage rating
of the Optima (15.1 Volts) or it can vent and then it is trash.  Many
chargers will do this, so do some research before buying.

--
Andrew E. Mileski