On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 06:13:27AM -0500, John Derstine wrote:

| With one of those Piccilario altimeters?? :-) We really need to test our
| altitude measuring devices somehow.

If you feel that your altimeter is grossly innaccurate, it's easy
enough to test by just driving around with it and a GPS in your car,
assuming that you've got some hills to drive on.

The precision of the GPS, even with WAAS, is likely to be lower than
that of your altimeter, but it should give you a good idea.

This doesn't take into account temperature variations at altitude, but
should give you a good general idea of how accurate the device is,
especially if you can do something like drive up a 2000' hill.

If you can get on the roof of a tall building and compare the readings
to that on the ground, that'll work too.

--
Doug McLaren, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you receive email saying "Send this to everyone you know,"