Here is the info on the Mid-South that people have been
seeking:

Buddy Roos

-----Original Message-----
From: AJ Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:29 PM
Subject: [Friends_Of_NASA] MidSouth Soaring
Championship 2005 Invitation

The North Atlanta Soaring Association (NASA) invites
you to the 14th Annual Mid-South Soaring Championship
(MSSC), June 24-26.  This year it will be held Duluth,
GA at the Scott Hudgens Park NASA field in the River
Green Industrial Park.   Duluth is located 10 miles
north of downtown Atlanta.  The site consists of
approximately 20 acres of cleared, flat fields.

This is the second time NASA has hosted the MSSC. We
plan to continue and expand the fellowship of fliers
attending this annual event. In the past there have
been as many as 125 entrants from as many as 25 states.
We encourage contestants to bring their families and
extend their visit take in some of the many nearby
Atlanta metropolitan attractions, shopping centers and
events. Maps and Links to the Atlanta Chamber of
Commerce sites are included in this MSSC web site
located at www.midsouth.atlantasoaring.com  The site
will be open for registration by March 14th.

This year's contest will consist of hand launch and RES
(Friday) and two separate thermal duration events
(Saturday & Sunday). The thermal duration events will
flown man-on-man using five winches with a sixth
back-up.  Golf carts will retrieve lines.  We plan on
going five deep for most awards.  The best overall
score will be awarded counting all four events.

While competitive spirit draws many of the contestants,
we cannot forget that the MSSC offers a chance to meet
and renew friendships within the close knit soaring
community.  To help foster the exchange of soaring
folklore during the event, we again plan to keep the
field open Saturday for sport flying while serving a
low country boil dinner at the field.

The all you can eat feast includes shrimp, sausage,
corn on the cob, potatoes and other fresh seafood and
meats and seasonal vegetables prepared at the field by
the same chef who met with such acclaim at our last
contest.  Soft drinks will be available from the same
group catering breakfasts and lunches during the
contest.

For those in town Friday, plan on stopping by Mi
Mexico, the official NASA watering hole and t-shirt
sponsor.  Both Mi Mexico and the Days Inn (MSSC 2005's
official hotel) are within a couple of miles of the
flying site and each other.

We have reserved 30 rooms at the Days Inn at Technology
Park (6385 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, 1-800-329-7466)
at a very special rate of $50.00 plus tax for Thursday
night, June 23 through Saturday night, June 25.  You
will need to mention the fact that you are attending
the Mid South in order to obtain this special rate or
even to obtain a room at all.  The $50 rate applies to
a room with two double beds.  A suite with a King Size
bed and room for 4 occupants is also available at the
special rate of $60 plus tax per night.  These special
rates are only available for reservations made before
Thursday, June 9.  After that date, the rate will go up
and rooms will no longer be available.  Days Inn
features high speed internet connections, a swimming
pool, and a complementary Continental Breakfast.  It is
approximately 3 miles south of the River Green on
Peachtree Industrial Blvd.  See the web site for
additional hotel information.