Yes, well most of us do have our own way of looking at the world.

I liked the post at least a little because many years ago I taught myself to fly Heli on a Ishimasa IH-1, anybody remember those?

I didn't have the option of practicing on a simulator back then.

Unlike sailplanes where a beginner benefits from a simple, relatively slow responding craft to start, in a heli it is much easier to start on a more complex machine that is more responsive but do get help getting it set up right first. :)

Also, sailplanes generally go only in one direction. A heli can accelerate at full crunch in any direction. This can make things really exciting.

When I was flying the heli, I was NOT thinking about anything else.

michael

Ben Diss wrote:
"The World According to Gordy"

Brian Courtice wrote:

One thing I’ve learned is that if Gordy ever finds a post on RCSE that has nothing to do with soaring, we all hear about it.

The second thing I’ve learned is that if Gordy thinks it’s interesting, he thinks everyone else should be interested too. Conversely, if it doesn’t interest Gordy, it’s spam.