On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 09:32:54PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

| The Triton has memory registers and can recognize a pack it's
| charged before, so once you've set parameters for a pack and stored
| them in memory, it will say: "Hey I know this guy, this is old
| number three, you want 2.6 amps, right?"  and you just have to hit
| the "go" button and forget it.

Mine will certainly allow me to save setting for packs 1-10, but will
not automatically recognize which pack I just plugged into it -- I
have to tell it.

Either I'm not understand what you're saying, your Triton has features
that mine doesn't (and features that sound impossible), or I just
haven't read the manual carefully enough (and as another said, the
manual _is_ pretty bad.)

| The thing about the banana plugs is to watch what aftermarket plug
| bodies you buy, get some that are insulated ALL the way down to the
| end, so there's no chance of a short right at the unit.

I've never had a problem, and if you needed additional insulation you
could certainly add it with electrical tape, but I think the problem
that was described is removing the bananna plugs and then they touch
each other before you remove the battery to be charged from the wiring
harness.

There's another annoying thing about it -- the bananna plugs don't
have the standard seperation, so you can't use the plugs where they
can't touch each other like this --

   http://www.speakerworks.net/banana_plugs.jpg

though I guess you could make some yourself with some JB weld or
fiberglass or something.  I certainly have found that sort of
connector to be nice on test equipment ...

--
Doug McLaren, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.