I also had problems with the Radio Snack crimper not working properly. The jaws are different and made for different connectors. It's worth the investment to buy a proper set of crimpers if it will save one airplane from crashing due to a bad crimp. Personally I like to use the Molex locking connectors that actually have a tab you have to push to release the connectors. Unfortunately their crimper is $180! :(

Happy flying,

Jimmy
www.jtmodels.com