Guys
I know that several guys on this list a full scale jet jocks.....so

Yesterday descending from 35K - the pilot did not deploy the spoilers, but
rather extended the LE slot and the flaps were 20+ degrees with a healthy nose
down attitude. At that time a very loud medium freq vibration started. Very
different from spoiler noise.  Dropped 15K retracted LE and flaps - noise
decrease with retraction.  I cannot believe that those vibrations would not
cause metal wear of metal fatigue. Has anyone noticed this? I stopped at
cockpit and asked pilot - he just gave me the "dog-whistle" look...
TIA
Jim

Jim Ealy
Education by Demonstration