You've got a short in the antenna wire near the receiver.

Dan

"Douglas, Brent" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ok, I'm trying to help a friend diagnose and hopefully resolve a chatter
problem... It's a standard GL, and it gets big chatter, full throw up
and down, in different orientations. Only suspicious thing is that he
used metal pushrods instead of the 1/4 inch balsa setup standard to the
GL.

We moved the antenna outside the fuse, on the leading edge of the wing.
No joy. Changed to a different transmitter, no joy. He's looking to
replace the receiver, but he made the comment that he was using a 5 cell
battery pack. Is there any way that 6V driving a 555 and a pair of
micro (HS81) servos could be a problem?

I'm thinking it's probably a bad board / crystal or a loose solder
joint, but that battery pack is a wildcard to me - anyone?

Thanks,
Brent