Vic,

>VB. The Compensated Price mechanism which allocates an amount for the
> purpose of reimbursing the retailer (the opposite of the retailer adding on
> VAT or GST) who has reduced his price by a given nominated percentage

Thanks, Vic. That explains somethings. It can piggy-back on the existing VAT
system. However, the question still remains --- somewhere the tax-collection
system has to compensate the exchequer in order to balance the books. If the
Douglases National Credit Office rakes off the "Just Price" windfall from
companies before the tax calculation, the exchequer loses tax, and if the
amount is taken after tax, it amounts to double taxation. That could not be
acceptable. There are really no free breakfasts; the taxpayers have to
finance any government (or pseudo-government-agency) handouts no matter what
they are termed. I just don't see it.

You wrote further: "I am attaching a couple of excerpts via separate
messages." I did not receive any attachments -- I think the List is set up to
not accept attachments for fear of viruses? Could you send the attachments to
me at my address -- <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ?

Thanks

Jessop.