2010/10/11 Wolfgang Grandegger <w...@grandegger.com>:
> Hm, does that mean that we will have different drivers for the MCP2515
> and MCP2510? I thought it's a replacement? Have I missed something?

It was not my intention to replace the existing mcp251x driver. For
starters, the mcp2515 driver I posted does not support the MCP2510.
This is by design. The mcp2515 driver achieves its performance mainly
by using the "read rx buffer" SPI instruction, which reads the rx
buffer _and_ clears the rx interrupt flag in a single SPI transaction.
This instruction does not exist in the MCP2510. I guess it is possible
to make this driver also work with the MCP2510, although with reduced
performance, but I wonder if it is worth the effort...

> Is this driver a real independent re-write? If not, please *keep* the
> relevant copyrights!

Yes, it is a new design and I wrote it from scratch.

Thank you all for the reviews!
I'll make the suggested changes ASAP, i.e. weekend, probably. :-)

--
Andre B. Oliveira
http://clientes.netvisao.pt/anbadeol/