Hi!,

The CAN controller that I am using allows configuring per-mailbox IDs. CAN
being a broadcast network, this feature reduces the interrupts to the
processor.

From Documentation/can.txt, what I understand is that the socketcan interface
does not provide any mechanism to configure the h/w for this purpose (chapter
6.3).

Instead, the h/w is configured to receive all identifiers and the filtering is
done on the stack (like ti_hecc.c) and to avoid hogging the processor some
interrupt mitigation techniques like NAPI is implemented.

Isn't this a work around?

My question is, did I miss something, is there any way to configure the h/w for
this purpose. Is it a good idea if I cook up a sysfs interface for my driver
for this.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
SG