Now for my next challenge:  I picked up a PCIe 1.0 x1 dual serial board
- Syba SD-PEX15022 -  (with an additional 8 GPIOs) based on the new
MCS9922 chip from MosChip or ASIX (I can't tell which).  Only $19 from
Amazon.  After stripping the metal frame off the board, I was able to
install it into the net6501 box (it appears that the PCIe socket is
about 2 - 3 mm too close to the front for the PCIe board to fit
properly).  However, there does not appear to be a driver for this chip
either.  I have the reference schematics, data sheet, and the Linux
driver source from the chip manufacturer, if that helps.  It's not a
terribly complex chip: it emulates two serial ports, defaulting to dumb
16C450 mode, but configurable to 16C550, 16C550 Extended, 16C650, and
even ASIX enhanced mode (not too clear on that one).  It does have 8
GPIO pins that may be brought out to a header on the board, that are
bidirectionally programmable with interrupts for each pin - that would
be a nice-to-have device too.  I have been out of FreeBSD for too long,
does anyone have any insight on the status of such a driver, and is
there someone I should contact to perhaps assist?  I suspect that it
might be as simple as adding the PCI ID for the chip to an existing
serial driver.  Though in my world, things are never that easy.

Thanks,

Andrew