Hello Cass,

 >>Hope that helps.

not so much.  I know this url, and I know the sentence standing there :
"USB boot for the net4801 and net5501 is planned
<http://lists.soekris.com/pipermail/soekris-tech/2011-November/017904.html>,
but not released. "

That was the reason for  my question in hope, that there is a better
answer for it than it will be released  (in far future) ...

Klaus-Dieter