Hello,

we have some strange Problems with net5501 and OCZ Vertex PLus SSD
Drives. The SSDs show no errors when connected to other Systems,
but on the Soekris we get massive Data Corruptions after some
Boot and Write Cycles, including corrupted Boot Loadeers and corrupted
partition tables.

We have had 2 or 3 of those drives working fine with identical Setups
for some Weeks. Now we have a new Installation where the Data corrupts
again and again. We already replaced the SSD two Times and the Soekris
Board one time, but the Problem keeps popping up. After replacing the
SSD by an old 2,5" SATA Hard Drive, it seems to work for now.

Is there any known Incompatibility with OCZ Vertex PLus SSD with net5501?

We know, those Drives are known to not be very reliable, but the Drives
all worked fine on a Windows PC, including full Block Level R/W-Tests
and the Error seems to be systematic.

--
Erhard Schwenk

Akkordeonjugend Baden-Württemberg - http://www.akkordeonjugend.de/