On 19.06.2012 10:19, Jamshaid Anwar wrote:

 > [snip]
 > after booting for the first time it ended at user login and password,
 > i assumed that the installation is done so i switched it off.
 > but on the next day when i switched it on again , although it start
 > booting from cf card but it halts before reaching to end and gives me
 > this kind of error.
 >

 > NET: Registered protocol family 17
 > Using IPI Shortcut mode
 > Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 193959925 ns)
 > Switching to clocksource pit
 > ata1: link is slow to respond, please be patient (ready=0)
 > ata1: SRST failed (errno=-16)
 > lease be patient (ready=0)
 > ata1: SRST failed (errno=-16)
 > ata1: link is slow to respond, please be patient (ready=0)
 > ata1: SRST failed (errno=-16)
 > ata1: SRST failed (errno=-16)
 > ata1: reset failed, giving up
 > RAMDISK: gzip image found at block 0
 > VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) on device 1:0.
 > devtmpfs: mounted
 > AstLinux medium not found.
 > /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
 > #
 >
 > what can i do to make it run completely and access asterisk in it ??

Hello Jamshaid,

The message lines starting ata1: look like error messages from the CF
card controller. I can only make two guesses from these messages:

1. Your CF card or the slot it is plugged in is damaged
2. Your CF card is slow

I suggest that you try it again with another CF card - just to be sure
that the damage is really on the card and not on the Soekris itself.

Regards,
Bruno