Hi,

yesterday I had to reboot my net5501 because there were too much processes
running (>300) causing a load > 40.00. I entered "poweroff" an the device
stopped. The I presset "reset" at the box. I watched the boot process with
a serial console:

Two Hard drives were found (Prim -> CF Card, Sec -> SATA SSD).

The my Debian squeece starts: grub came up 'Loading Linux 2.6.32-5-486 ...'
and also began 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'. The noting else happens.

Now I tried to setup a new Debian on a fresh CF card. This card and the
SATA SSD were found agin by Bios. Then I bootetd from network. Whe the
debian installer searched for hard disk, no disks were found.

Bios detects the disks but not the OS? I'm lossed!

Anybody who can give me a hint what to to do or how I can discover a defect?

Many thanks in advance

Martin