On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:28 AM, ghda...@netzero.net <ghda...@netzero.net> wrote:
> I just became a proud owner of a net5501. I installed pfsense 2.01 on a small
> Sata drive and all seems to be working great.
>     Now my question. Would it be better to hang a wifi router off one of my
> Ethernet ports or buy a Mini-PCI type III socket wifi card ??
>     I already have a old Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT on it. I just have no
> experience with the little laptop type wifi cards.  This probably sounds like
> a no brainer but I am thinking of building a bridge between the mini wifi
> card and the WRT54G.
>     any help would be appreciated.

No experience with Soekris (but it should work)

I have used the TP Link mini PCI card [1] on an ALIX box (similar HW
config) with openWRT, works great.    The Linux driver is ath9k.

[1] <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704061>

HTH,
--
Arun Khan
"As a layman, I would say we have it, but as a scientist I have to