Hi list,

I am about to attempt an installation of FreeBSD 9 on a SSD in a Soekris 5501. The Soekris is running Ubuntu of a CF card and I have a Mac with USB-serial cable available and additional hard disk and card adapter too.

My question is, what is the easiest installation method for me?

I have done it before, using FreeBSD 8 and PXE booting with TFTP and DHCP on the Mac. However I am uncertain if changes in the FreeBSD installation process has changes anything.

I am not yet at the point where a USB-bootable 6501 is an option, but I sure understand why this feature has been requested so much.

Thanks,
mads hjorth
vesterbrogade 127C, 2. ∙ 1620 copenhagen v ∙ denmark
ma...@mac.com ∙ +45 28180906