Hello everybody

when I call nta_outgoing_tcreate(), my network trace shows that
Sofia-SIP selects TCP transport to send the message. I would like to
understand why it does so, and I would also like to be able to enforce
usage of UDP.

What I already tried is:

- Adding an URI parameter "transport=udp" seemed obvious, but did not
change anything.

- I found the existence of the NTATAG_TPORT tag, but I do not understand
how to use it for outgoing requests. It requires a 'tport_t*' argument
which I don't have. The documentation of outgoing_create() says:

  "NTATAG_TPORT must point to an existing transport object for 'agent'
(the passed tport is otherwise ignored)."

I have no idea how I get the right 'tport_t*' for my 'nta_agent_t' that
talks UDP.

- The header <sofia-sip/tport.h> has a function called
'tport_by_protocol()' which seems nice but requires a valid 'tport_t*'
as an INPUT parameter that is just used as the start of a linked list
that is searched for the requested transport protocol.

BTW I'm still using Sofia-SIP 1.12.4 at the moment, if this is
important.

Any idea what to do?
Stefan