Hi,

How does Sofia SIP handle multiple Ethernet interface support? I'm having a
problem where my linux box has eth0=172.16.1.1, and eth1=192.168.15.115. When
Sofia sends an INVITE out to the destination 192.168.15.13, my expectation was
that the source IP address should be 192.168.15.115. However, Ethereal captures
show the source IP address is actually 172.16.1.1. The INVITE is actually being
sent out eth1 as I have physically unplugged 172.16.1.1. How does Sofia's SIP
socket determine to use eth0's source IP address? It should be using eth1 as
the source IP address.

This is obviously causing the receiver of the INVITE issues as the 100-Trying,
etc are being sent to 172.16.1.1 which of course never reaches my linux box
since that cable is unplugged.

Thanks in advance!
-Dave R.

PS: As an aside, I wrote a simple UDP SIP socket socket program that sent my
own INVITE out to 192.168.15.13, and the source IP address in Ethereal is
correctly shown as eth1's (192.168.15.115). Therefore, I know this probably has
nothing to do with Linux OS routing tables, networking, etc.  Its more to my
lack of understanding on Sofia. :)

________________________________
The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain
privileged and/or confidential information that is intended to be delivered
only to the person(s) identified above. If you are not the intended
recipient(s), or the person responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient(s), Airbiquity Inc. requests that you immediately notify the
sender and asks that you do not read the message or its attachments and that
you delete them without copying or sending them to anyone else. Any review,
reliance or distribution by others not intended as recipients or forwarding
without express permission is strictly prohibited. Replies to this message may
be received by other Airbiquity personnel in addition to the intended
recipient(s).