Hi, Dave.  I think you might be comparing apples to oranges.  Maybe I'm wrong,
but I think the price of the Elektor SDR is about $140,  64% the price of an
LD-1A, for a fully-populated and tested board.  As far as I can tell, the
Elektor does not come with an enclosure, while the LD-1A comes fully assembled
in a very nice extruded aluminum enclosure. The Elektor appears to have no RF
connector and no power connector.  There's nothing wrong with that, but it does
account for some of the price difference.

I don't mean to denigrate someone else's product, but I think you would find
that the LD-1A's preselector filters are a bit more robust than the Elektor's.
The LD-1A has five electronically switched filters, one lowpass and four
bandpass, all third-order.

Also, the LD-1A is designed to have a transmitter module added to it.