--- In soft_radio@yahoogroups.com, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

KA9RZA

  thanks for your comments, though maybe they are more indicated for
the Winrad discussion group, not this one.

There have been many under-the-hood changes between the beta 0.90 and
this one. The main is the introduction of a self adjusting fractional
resampler, that takes care of sampling errors in the sound card(s).
Those errors are the main cause of pops and crackles, as their
consequences are either buffer underflows or buffer overflows. Now
this is taken care of by continuously monitoring and adjusting the
decimation ratio. Also the AGC behavior was changed.

Glad that those changes (and the time spent to design and code them)
has produced positive results!

73  Alberto  I2PHD
--------------------------------

> Alberto:
>
>   The Beta version of Winrad was good and Winrad 1.0 is even better.
I can tell the differences with this version however; and my comment
is that it seems even smoother now.  The noise blanker seems better, I
don't know if it is the agc or what but the processing is without pops
now.

>   There are pops and cracks in the previous "Beta version" if I
adjust the AGC and noise blanker as well as the noise reduction too
high.  Thats not as criticle now.  Allot smoother as I said.  Allot
clearer reception it seems also.

>   I can say that this SDR software is more on track than others
being developed.  All of the processes that you have going on are
working real good on Win 98 here.  No glitches or hang ups.  Sound
quality is very natural also.  It seems I am running in a higher audio
input with over loading.

>   Sometimes I think my CPU is slow with some SDR software however
Winrad seems to compliment 98 very well.  So I imagine that folk with
high speed CPUs will have excellent performance out of Winrad 1.0. No
finer software than this.

>   Thank you for your vision and artistry!
>
> ka9rza

> Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
> Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
> Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!

Ham radio Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS