can you look up this userdata in a (factory) shader?
something like a color lookup or attribute shader?

From: Alok Gandhi
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:28 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: is it possible to define object labels?

Arnold uses standins, but as a general solution I will put stuff in a user data
blob.

On 5/9/2012 3:23 PM, pete...@skynet.be wrote:
  is it possible to define the values an object gets in the “object labels”
framebuffer?
  (and this is stretching it probably, but is it possible to define it on
clusters?)
  I want to produce consistent object labels on assets, that dont change
between scenes.
  I did search around a bit, and it seems it would require custom development -
and the best alternative out of the box, is to add vertexcolors.
  I was hoping for something like adding a custom color property on each object
(and cluster ideally), that would be looked up at rendertime.

  No virus found in this message.