Paul Smith is using Agisoft Photoscan in this tut https://vimeo.com/42633249

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4BUrEBvhA

Le 25/05/2012 23:29, Stephen Davidson a écrit :
Be aware that this app does not handle shiny or transparent object well.
Nothing that a can of flat grey spray paint can't fix. :)

This app is very good, but I have been looking for a decent image based modeling
program for quite some time. They all seem to be more aimed at Architectural modeling.

3DSOM  http://www.3dsom.com/  is fairly good, although it has issues with undercuts.
This is because it uses a series of silhouettes, of the object, to create the mesh.

Photomodeler  http://www.photomodeler.com/  is also very good. You will spend a lot of time
calibrating your camera. I find it is good to make general shapes as reference, but any detailed
modeling is too labor intensive.

I still find that 3 or 4 locked down camera views with rotoscoped images, where
the Softimage camera matches the photo camera is the best method for product modeling.
Maybe it is because I am so used to the modeling tools in Softimage.

I use a printed grid scale, on the floor, to help with the scale references.

I am always looking for new methods to help speed up the process, though.