On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 16:19:37 +0200, Szabolcs Matefy <szabol...@crytek.com> wrote:

Thanks Eugene,

Actually I dropped that feature because of the issues...I do not need
NURBS exactly but I want to pose my character, or even animate it
without adjusting the start and end profiles frame to frame...

Yeah, those surface tangents flicker like a broken lightbulb... totally unusable for animation. Out of interest: how does your setup look like? You are using Nurbs for your character?

Cheers

Szabolcs

-----Original Message-----
From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Eugen
Sares
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 1:16 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: TinyCurveExtrude

Hey Szabolcs,
you can do a Create>Surf.Mesh>Loft of 2 different Curves-on-Surface out
of the box, you know.
That operator is horribly unreliable, though, and it's good at crashing
SI.

Nurbs... sadly they rot in a corner for years now.
Look at what people do in Rhino... Now you will say, if you need Nurbs,
use Rhino. Fair enough, but at least the Ops that are already there in
Softimage should work as expected!
They have and should have their place besides SubDs.

Best,
Eugen

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 08:17:58 +0200, Szabolcs Matefy
<szabol...@crytek.com>
wrote:

Hi Fabricio,

Unfortunately that doesn't work with curves...however, I might put the

points between the start and end into a cluster, and use a curve
deform on them...I'll chck it, thanks for the tip!

Szabolcs