Yea, Looks great. Was all of this xsi Eric?

On 6/4/2012 10:04 AM, Eric Lampi wrote:
Ooops.

Wrong links!

https://vimeo.com/user7979713/review/42504313/98fa97fce5

https://vimeo.com/user7979713/review/40608551/10477a5323

Eric

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Alex Dinnin <adin...@gmail.com <mailto:adin...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Thanks for the replies.. Eric I can't open the Vimeo movies.. says
    they don't exist ??

    Alex

    On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Eric Lampi <ericla...@gmail.com
    <mailto:ericla...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        I did something exactly like this several years ago. If I can
        recall correctly, I had an animated cylinder inside the roll
        as a collision object, to help move the roll along, because
        the self-collision messes it up big time without it. Also this
        was pre-ICE, which could be a better solution for something
        like this, but try it first, it might do the trick, otherwise
        I wouldn't simulate it.

        I had a similar problem recently with a project, an unfurling
        carpet of grass with a garden rolled up in it, but it needed
        to look billowy and light like a parachute or a deflated hot
        air balloon, it also had to roll up over itself since you
        could see it from the side in some shots, so it need to get
        smaller as it unrolled. Simulation just wasn't going to cut
        it, so I used a spiral curve to create the roll, lattices for
        larger sections of animation, ICE nodes for collision with the
        ground and turbulence, with a bunch of weight maps animated
        along with it. I think I might have even thrown in a wave or
        two. The setup took longer, but I could make changes in speed,
        wave size and turbulence in minutes as opposed to what it
        would have taken noodling with a simulation.

        https://vimeo.com/40608551

        This is the spot it was used for.

        https://vimeo.com/42504313

        Eric