Hi,

I have to generate a lot of extruded and beveled text objects which need to
have different materials on the front, bevel and sides. I already have a
script that generates all the individual text objects, but I haven't yet
been able to figure out how to set up the materials using built in features.
It seems like this is perhaps something best done with ICE where I would
evaluate the normals of each text object to identify front/bevel/sides/back
and build a new mesh for each group and assign it the appropriate material.
I'm not sure how I would set up the ICE tree for this though. I see the "Set
Materials from Strings" that came with SI2012 which looks like something I
would need, but I'm not yet finding any examples of how to use this node.

Before I dive too far into this, does anyone have any suggestions or tips on
how to best deal with this task?

Thanks