Thanks guys once again you save the day. Exactly what i needed to know.

On Jun 6, 2012 2:37 PM, "Steven Caron" <car...@gmail.com> wrote:

> well it was that bad. the simple scenarios worked. ie. one model, one
mixer. but when you add  many layers of complexity and the delta got into a
certain state (out of sync) a user could easily be fooled that something
was working and on save and reopen of the scene we get the data lost

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Demian Kurejwowski <demianpe...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>> yep before  if you did a motion mixer track,  and put a animation layer
on top,   you save the scene and when you open it, all the key on the
animation layer were gone, but i haven't seen that in the new version of
soft,  i think last one was in 11? might be?

>> ________________________________

was a lot of pains over the years but we got through a lot of them and they
are fixed now. referenced models and animation layers are a bit tricky, if
you nest models you are asking for lots of trouble. since the layers
themselves are not tracked inside the delta they are a bit mysterious. they
are stored with the animation mixer invisibly. once we removed nested
models in our referenced models nearly all issues regarding data
loss disappeared!

enriquecaball...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hey guys,
>>>   just looking for some advice.  I seem to remember somebody telling me
that animation layers were buggy. I dont remember the specifics though.
Recently the animators here have discovered them and are incorperating
layers into their workflow.
>>> Any information on whether animation layers are problematic at all
would be appreciated as I dont want to endorse the technique until im sure.
>>> Best,