When a weight map's weight values are being driven by an ICE Tree if you
freeze the weight map, it ends up removing that ICE Operator. It would be
nice if it didn't do this, because maybe I needed that ICE Tree for other
effects, but it's okay because I can understand why that ICE Tree might
have to go away in order to freeze the weight map.

What makes less sense to me is what happens with custom Static Kinematic
State nodes.
If I create a custom Static Kinematic State node and then access it in an
ICE Tree, freezing that ICE Tree will result in that Static Kinematic State
node disappearing. In this case, the property node is feeding the ICE Tree,
not vice versa, so deleting it doesn't make sense.

Any chance this might be a bug rather than a feature?

-Bradley