just a heads up:
as far as my experience with fetching data from groups goes, ice is using the creation order (creating as group element). so its not necessarily the order how the explorer might showing you.

Am 26.07.2012 um 16:17 schrieb Stephen Blair:

If you had Set Instance Geometry plugged into an On Creation port, couldn't you just plug Get Point ID into Group Object Index?

Anyways, that seemed to work for me. I reordered the group and I still got the right result.

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com [mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com ] On Behalf Of Gerbrand Nel
Sent: July-26-12 10:02 AM
To: xsi group
Subject: noob array or group or whatever question

I'm trying to create a ICE rigid body sim from a group of objects, and I want the particle instances to be the same as the group objects. How do I set the "group object index" to be the same as the index in the group?
Here is a pic of what I thought would work, but didn't :(

Thanks

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD6B17.E7382A50]
<winmail.dat>