This looks like a perfect example for what I need to get started
many thanks!

Jeff

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Alan Fregtman
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 10:20 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: using ice to drive text ?

You can also do...
http://darkvertex.com/wp/2010/11/15/softimage-ice-string-to-particles/

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Jeff McFall
<jeff.mcf...@sas.com<mailto:jeff.mcf...@sas.com>> wrote:
Thank you, I am beginning to see that this approach is probably going to be the
best way to handle lots of "live" text, especially when using instances
Trying to use the text operator is coming up short in terms of speed and does
not work well as an instance if at all

Jeff