Ah, missed this first time around!

Probably a bit late, but here's a few bits I wrote for our weighting tools,
which have come in handy:

1) Limit points to N deformers (handy to run after a bit too much lazy
smooth tooling)
2) Delete weights under a certain value (see above :) )
3) Remove unused deformers from the envelope
4) Copy the weights of the selected points to the rest of their point
island (very handy for GATORing things you want to keep solid)

Is your tool compatible with WeightMaps, out of interest? Using the buggy
Weight Editor for them is starting to grind. :(

Pete