From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] on behalf of Raffaele Fragapane
[raffsxsil...@googlemail.com]
Sent: 23 August 2012 10:04
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Checking if simulation is done for current frame | beginner
scripting question

You used to be able to pass the batch client a script to run and a scene if I
remember correctly.
Put together a two lines script that runs the sim and saves in place, and then
run a shell script, a cron job, or whatever you use for running jobs that
iterates a set of scenes in batch.

Using a graphic client to open, simulate and save a number of potentially heavy
scenes in sequence is not as ideal as having one instance per scene with no GUI
crud.

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Sandy Sutherland
<sandy.sutherl...@triggerfish.co.za<mailto:sandy.sutherl...@triggerfish.co.za>>
wrote:
OK Raff - you trying to confuse EVERYONE now - LOL :^)

S.

Sandy Sutherland
Technical Supervisor

From: