I don't think you really need to do much except allow Softimage a fighting
chance.  The companies are able to make their own decisions.  Maybe I've
heard too many rumors at this point but it seems like Autodesk is the first
in line to talk companies out of moving forward with Softimage as a core
app.

To answer the neutral question.

Promote Softimage equally (There is a problem though - with all the
negative rumors that have damaged any interest to date, maybe an extra
scoop of marketing is in order to undo the damage)
Equally meaning on all fronts  - website, trade shows, the inside scoop
conversations with clients, suites, body language ;)

Softimage is a fine piece of software.  Was it my imagination or was
Softimage gaining popularity with ICE right before Autodesk purchased it.
I wonder where it would be if it if it didn't have such anemic marketing.

Btw that graph doesn't even include compositing ;)