Heck yeah!

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Alan Fregtman
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:05 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Raafal

Via Google Translate:

"Hello, I am announcing the creation of the project raafal.

This is an application framework 3d, free, open source and cross-platform for
professional use and an alternative to blender. internal code will be inspired
concepts Blender and use of open-source libraries Pixar, ILM, Disney, Sony,
etc. .. but with an interface and ergonomic blender completely different,
closer to that of SOFTIMAGE | XSI.

The framework and the UI will be fully coded in PureBasic (but probably much
more than that.) No precipitation however, I realize that this is a project
spanning several years see decades. This project was born after years of
frustration at the behavior of some companies developing dcc tools such as
Autodesk. Experts PureBasic 3d experts and developers are welcome.

This project is sponsored by my company, radfac. I worked as R & D Manager and
as Technical Director 3d for over 15 years. The site will be hosted at:

Thank you for your attention. Sincerely, Guy."