read: "3D with Sales"

--
guy rabiller | raa.tel | radfac founder/ceo | raafal.org
tel: (+33)977 195 006 | mob: (+33)675 183 146 | fax: (+33)972 288 293

Le 11/10/2012 16:03, Guy Rabiller a écrit :

Hi,

As the founder of the raafal project, I wanted to clarify a few things.

First, it was not my intent to make such announcement on this list. It's
far too early for that as the project just began. I'm not sure why Ben
posted it here but he did it from his own initiative, not mine.

Second, raafal is not an opensource FabricEngine alternative. Both have
different approaches and goals in mind. FabricEngine is more TDs/Devs
oriented while raafal is more Artists oriented albeit TDs/Devs will find
their ways too. raafal wont be used to create Maya or Softimage plugins,
it's not a commercial solution, it will always stay opensource and never
be bought by Autodesk. raafal includes the GUI as part of the equation
to solve, not just the core/architecture.

Third, raafal is not intended to please everyone. It's not a Blender
fork with a different GUI. The choices for GUI design, PureBasic, C/C++
libs and Squirrel scripting (which will eventually have its own JIT
compiler/LLVM backend) have been made for very specific reasons that do
not follow what's the industry endorse or think is right.

Last, do not expect something usable soon.

raafal is more a "3D with Soul" adventure than a "3D with Sells" funded
project.

Cheers,
Guy.