Honestly, rather than spending time trying to sort this out, have you
looked at emFlock?  I’m pretty sure it does exactly what you’re describing.

-Paul

Sent from Windows Mail

 *From:* Anthony Martin <anthonymarti...@googlemail.com>
*Sent:* October 28, 2012 8:03 AM
*To:* softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
*Subject:* Move towards goal dummy question (go easy on me).

Hi all,

Go easy on me but I've got a question about moving towards a goal that feel
should be straight forward but something's obviously not operating at 100%
in  brain today.

The desired result: particles move from the emitter to random point on geo
of goal one where they stick until a desired point in time when they then
detach and fly to random point on geo of goal two.

At the moment I'm using the multi goal sequencer which works fine but it
switches to a new goal based on a distance to goal location condition
instead of a certain time. I went into the multi goal sequencer compound
and found the bit that controls switching to the next goal. I swapped the
"test distance to goal" condition with a test current time. The particles
fly towards the first goal but then don't seem to move to the second goal
after the test current time condition.

Tell me I'm doing something embarrassingly wrong and point me in the right
direction guys!

Cheers,

Anthony