Hi there,
Sorry to hear you are so upset.
Well, if people don't do what you want, I believe it is normal thing to force them. I only used your shader once for a preview movie, I don't remember well how your site is working, so bare with me.

I'd just have one sugestion though :
In some case, a user (ahem, me...), urgely needs to download some of your BAshaders for some work he has to deliver the day after (typicaly the clients needs to see a cloud or some emfluid smoke, etc.) If I have to wait some kind of authorizations or "friend" invitation, it's awfull, I'm already dead. So, couldn't there be some (symbolic) quick paying access ? I mean, I have no friends, I'm in a hurry, and I can pay ...

Just an idea here (I understood you're not doing this for the money (though, you could)).

Take care,

Olivier