From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] on behalf of Votch
[megavo...@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 November 2012 07:28
To: softimage
Subject: Re: Mental Ray Features, Integration & Autodesk's failure

I'm rendering scenes in sitoa with >20trillion triangles (instanced), 2 diffuse
bounces, 2 glossy bounces, refraction (yes I said it), thousands of textures,
Motion Blur, and very complex lighting at 4K in under 6 hours per frame. Render
nodes are not exotic 24HT cores and 32GB ram.

No baking, no pre-processing.

That's a 4k render in 6 hours. HD is around 2 hours per frame.  It's comedic to
say these stats out loud.

I could NEVER do anything like this in MentalRay or Mantra or prMan.

LBA (that's "Life Before Arnold") I would not have thought this possible.

V-

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Andy Moorer