think you have to have it connected AND setup properly to see it working.
 depends if you are moving as forces or as postions as well.  Ive used it a
lot and highly recommend it. also if you do Get>ICE|>get bubbles an ICE
tree compound is made with the curl noise framework correctly set up inside
already

hope that helps!