Thanks Matt,

I've managed to do the first task of isolating and creating and indexing
the islands in ICE.  Here's the tree, I got the setup from a a forum
somewhere, I think they based their setup on Helgees method.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2741653/icetree.jpg

It's the second pass that I'm having trouble with, how to point sample a
noise function for each island, or average it between the vertices of each
island.

This is all getting passed to the RT as attributes.