Maybe by inspecting the hair.GetActivePrimitive2() you could find
something, but I doubt it (and I can't test it since I don't have XSI at
home).

GetRenderHairAccessor return a CRenderHairAccessor object which I would be
surprised if it would be COM compliant (for lack of a better word, just
saying I don't know how it would be possible to return it to python via a
custom command).

But while I'm typing these lines, it seems like the object model has
something called siRenderHairAccessorID ... might worth investigating.

good luck

--
Xavier