Yes, I know and I did this method, but it gives a blobby mesh where I would have need a kind of planar deformed thing. (I ended with shrink warping a grid on the pointcloud (fron nulls kine global pos) to get an average terrain, then I shall "hand" model on the top of it.)

But that's too bad there is nothing out there for "flat" meshing pointclouds. Something like a compound in which you indicate a stating point (first point ID) and then it would expand to the neighbors and mesh.