that was my guess too, christopher aka creative sheep........ ;-)

Rob

\/-------------\/----------------\/

On 8-1-2013 8:30, Adam Sale wrote:
Christopher?

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Adam Sale <adamfs...@gmail.com <mailto:adamfs...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    wow...

    On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Alan Fregtman
    <alan.fregt...@gmail.com <mailto:alan.fregt...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        That would be the "em dash" or "mutton" (though I've never
        seen or heard it called the latter.)
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Em_dash#Em_dash

        And an "em"? It's a typographical unit of measurement and the
        "—" dashis in fact 1em unit in width for any given font size
        (which by the way is measured in units called "points".) A "—"
        dash at font size 14 is 14 "points" (pt) wide, for example.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Em_%28typography%29

        But what are "points" you ask? Twelfths of a "pica" which
        itself is 1/72th of 1 foot, or 1/6th of an inch, or my
        prefered answer, "very small".
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_%28typography%29
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_%28typography%29

        So now you know how dashes and font sizes relates to some
        british king's feet size. Who knew, right?!

        On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Fx Person