Hi Chris,

The computer is not on a network, just a single computer.  I have had
some confusion about what the appropriate "host" and "hostname" is/are
on linux, so that may be inappropriately labeled.  The license server
was running. I have not delved into the selinux stuff.

I need to know what user softimage runs as.

I do not know if the machine could detect the license server.  I think
the license server is running fine.

I think that it is case where xsi does not have permission to access the
"screen" but that is just a guess.

thank you,

-e