Thanks Raf,
   Yep I think im dropping them because the animators here never use
Marking Set Mode anyway, despite me continually telling them about it.  And
they constantly complain about seeing duplicate Fcurves in the curve editor.

I will experiment with getting rid of DisplayInfo as well, as I think the
keying panel does a fine enough job at it.

I think that Keyable Parameters on Custom Parameter sets and Character Key
Sets should be sufficient.

We shall see what the animators say