Hi there,
Sorry for bumping that old thread, I just decided to fix my Lan disk slowdown trouble today. /In Softimage, if I try to access down to 5 levels of sub-directories(Z://directory/directory/directory/directory/ ) it takes 5 minutes to get to it./
I'm trying the solution mentionned by Vladimir below,

SI_BROWSER_DONT_CHECK_CHILDREN_FOLDERS

Controls whether Softimage checks folders for subfolders when displaying the file browser. Setting this variable to 1 may speed up file operations on NFS systems, particularly on Linux. When set, folders are always drawn with an expandable ‘+’ whether or not they contain subfolders.

This is supposed to be in the Setenv.bat , right ? I don't find that line in the Setenv.bat file.
Am I supposed to add it ?

Sorry might sound dumb, but I'm not super familiar with Setenv things..

Thank you.

Olivier