Yea I know what you say makes sense. The one that I wrote also restores the original scntoc.

Opening in a text editor is a pain in the ** if you have thousands and thousands of models. Even just to offload everything you have to go to each line and change it, well that said it is easier with fancy text editors now a days which work based off on reg expressions and what not to just multi-edit all lines in one go but still . . .

Anyways once I am done with a widget, it can be used in soft with pyqt for soft for sure. So, yes I think I will first the UI as standalone and then put it in soft that would be good.

Thanks for insights though, very useful.