I have been working with crowds and am excited about some of the results I am
getting but have one nagging problem that I have not been able to overcome.

That problem has to do with rendering and the fact that texture projections
seem to become broken/disconnected from the material when the job distributed
to a farm (we are using RR).
When submitting jobs as a continuous sequence that begin on the first frame
(frame 1) all seems to work fine.  However when the job is spread across
machines the textures are broken.

As a quick overview of my setup I am using an random integer to drive a color
switch in the render tree which basically selects the appropriate texture.
As I said this all works fine as long as I render from the first frame of the
sequence.

Just a guess but I suspect this has something to do with the fact that the
texture projections are created when the ice tree initializes on the first
frame.
Has anyone else experienced this and maybe know of a fix or workaround?

I am wondering if I can tweak the scene or render software somehow to force the
simulation to begin on frame 1 for each frame rendered?
Seems I recall some scripts that may do this but I have been unable to track
any down.

Any suggestions much appreciated
Thanks
Jeff