I will echo all the comments about it being VERY slow.  I tried again today but
it is the same.
And the models are indeed not very impressive, at least the high res ones I
saw.  They appear to just be up interpolated versions of the low res version.
In fact they all seem to share the same primary structure.  I guess this is why
dresses are not an option.  :)    The low res ones could be useful I think as
distant crowd elements.

That said, having an easily accessible catalog of usable characters is a real
bonus.  I would really welcome something like this especially if the rig was
assured to integrate easily.
It puts features like CrowdFX in a much more useful position for situations
where resources may not provide other options (as has already been said as well)

Seems like a good idea, maybe just not implemented as well as could be.  I
realize that is easy for me to say.
I can certainly find use for this as is, but it seems to have a lot of
unexploited potential as well.

My 2c

Jeff